Alpine MotoSafe (in use from 2013 – 2017)
For us it was clear from the beginning that we wanted to wear ear protection because of the loud and tiring wind noise (we ride mostly with MX-googles). We already found the solution to the problem in 2013 when we bought our first “MotoSafe” ear protection set from Alpine Hearing Protection and were very happy with it from the beginning.
Finally, no more unhygienic, disposable construction sites ear plugs, which give this clogged feeling in our ears. If we wanted to speak to each other at a traffic light, we had to scream to make ourselves understood. There was also the problem that we didn’t hear the surrounding traffic good enough and we couldn’t hear the sound of the tires on the ground while riding off road tracks and that was too much of a risk to take.
With the “MotoSafe” set came two earplugs, a replacement earplug and two green and two yellow filters. With this we were able to use the yellow filters on the highway and filter the louder wind noise more strongly. The green filters we used on smaller roads and off road tracks to hear the terrain better.
After four years of intensive use, the first set “MotoSafe” started to show usage and so we wanted to buy the same good product again. However after a short research, we found out that Alpine Hearing Protection had worked diligently and improved the product.
Alpine MotoSafe Pro (in use since June 2017)
Since the beginning of June 2017, we have been using the “MotoSafe Pro” set. This includes the earplugs “MotoSafe Tour” and “MotoSafe Race” (which can be purchased in separate sets) in one set.
One set contains:
- cleaning spray
- 2 earplugs with black filter (MotoSafe Tour)
- 2 earplugs with red filter (MotoSafe Race), the stronger filter of the two
Advantages of the MotoSafe Pro Set
Hearing damage and fatigue caused by wind noise are avoided
- Traffic and ambient noise remain easily audible
- The hearing / understanding of our SENA 10C communication system is significantly improved
- Two complete sets of ear plugs with medium and strong filter, as needed for the situation
- The earplugs are made of special, very adaptable material and therefore super comfortable to wear even on long trips
- The filters are fixed to the ear plugs and can not be lost
- The filters are soft and can be worn very comfortably for long time under the helmet
- The case and the cleaning spray are included in the set
- No feeling of a clogged ear
- Washable, reusable and hold for a very long time
- The earplugs we have also used for sleeping, for example In a loud Dorm room or at a storm in the tent
We are on our world trip since February 2017 and are riding almost every day in different terrain. Without the hearing protection from Alpine, the driving days would be a lot more tyering and our hearing would definitely would suffer damage. Alpine Hearing Protection offers a very good and low-cost solution with the new MotoSafe Pro.
Want to help?
You like our content and would like to give something back? Check out our support page. Thanks so much already and keep the rubber side up.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links on this website are affiliate links. This will bring no extra costs to you, but it will help us to go a little further. Thank you for supporting us!