To safe money but also because it can be really hard to actually find a laundry in certain countries, we do a lot of hand washing. Therefore we have a little bag with our laundry equipment:
- Expander cloth line by Coghlans: A strong clothes line of plaited elastic bands and 2 large plastic carabiners. Stretch the clothes line between trees, tent poles – in hotel room or caravan. Damp clothes are then jammed between the rubber bands. (strong enough for torches or light sticks, too!). Carabiner to carabiner unstretched 160 cm – up to approx. 350 cm. stretched. Approx.100 g.
- Universal rubber sink plug: with this you can clogg every sink and wash your cloth or dishes in the sink
- Two brushes from the Swiss army to clean our boots, riding cloths and the tent
- Wilderness Wash by Sea to Summit (to protect the nature as it is biodegradable)
- Small dry sack to store all this things
We have some handy camping tools with us, which we often use while camping.
Chopping Axe XXS X5 by Fiskars
The axe has a double purpouse. We use it to hammer the tent pegs into hard grounds as well as to chop wood for fires or additional tent poles. It only weights 560 g and is pretty small but very high quality.
U-Dig-It Folding Shovel by The Ultimate Surviving Gear
Well….while wild camping there are no toiletts so you have to dig your own. It is important to burry waste and there are a lot of important information on how to do this the right way. Please inform yourself and make sure you do it the right way!
Fire starter “FireSteel Scout” by Light My Fire
The magnesium fire starter makes it even more fun to make your own camp fire. It would be great if we could use it to light our stove but it only works for gas stoves. It is a present of a good friend and she even made sure that we get it in the right colour!
Luci Solar Light Outdoor 2.0 by MPowered
One of our favourite things we have with us is Luci the solar lamp. It is an amazingly small inflatable solar lamp which we can charge while riding (it is stored in the map case). The light is very strong and we love to have it in our tent or on the table while camping.